Adventures in Watercolours

I decided to take a slightly different approach to making the autumnal Flourish & Blotts window displays, and I had an idea for a watercoloured autumn forest scene.


The background isn’t the greatest, but I’m still pretty happy with it.



It looks great in the windows! I love the carpet of leaves, as well as the closest tree.


“Hey look BB-8, new displays! Wow, they’re really cool.”


I think Sarah’s spotted a good-looking title in the window… though she could just be getting a really close-up look at the display. I mean, that’s also a likely option.

Anyways, see ya!



Book Shopping

So, Sarah went book shopping this morning…


…and came home with these.


She’d borrowed Renegades from the library and loved it, so put it on her wishlist.


Sarah seems to prefer sci-fi or dystopia novels more than fantasy, so I’m tailoring her bookshelf to suit her interests. I read more fantasy than sci-fi/dystopia, so I’ve had to take pictures of library copies of some of Sarah’s favourites.


One happy customer!


I love making mini books, don’t they look adorable on their full-sized counterparts?


Sarah’s had to move the record player in order for them all to fit, which is a small sacrifice, but it’s worth it.

Have you guys read anything good lately?

Anyways, see ya!


Blooming Embroidery

My newest Mollie Makes arrived not long ago, and I’d been anticipating this issue because of this beautiful kit that came with it.


It’s by an Etsy shop called Brynn & Co, who sell embroidery kits and supplies.


The kit came with everything in the picture below except the scissors, those I’ve had for a while.


I like how the printed outlines are lighter than usual on the fabric, if they’re darker and you don’t cover them with thread, they almost stick out a little. With the lighter print, I don’t think that will be as much of a problem.



I haven’t made a lot of progress so far, but I’m really looking forward to doing some more. I love the contrast between the un-embroidered letters and the lush backdrop to the word, it’s very different.

Anyways, see ya!


A Badge & Reading Recommendations

My latest little badge got pushed to the front of the queue of ideas as it’s inspired by the Ms Marvel comics, which I’ve been reading lately.



I borrowed the first five Kamala Khan Ms Marvel comics from my local library, and I love them!


The design is drawn directly from Kamala’s Ms Marvel costume, which is a navy blue dress (with the yellow lightning bolt on) with blue boots, red tights and scarf and a small blue mask.


The main character, Kamala Khan, is a Pakistani-American who has superpowers, is a gamer, and writes Avengers fanfiction. She’s a very funny and bubbly character who’s a real joy to read about.


As always with these badge posts, here’s the obligatory collection picture.


I don’t think I ever showed you guys the book behind the badges, it’s a guide to the fandom life from a female perspective, with tips on fandom terminology, convention-going, and online etiquette. It’s definitely a read I’d recommend, along with the comics, if you’re interested.

Anyways, see ya!


Cyber Sarah

So, Sarah now has a laptop and a smartphone.


They both come from a MyFroggyStuff printable, and I put sticky tape over the laptop screen, so it reflects the sun annoyingly, just like a real laptop!


You can see how small the phone is here, I went a little cross-eyed making it. The sides were paperboard-coloured, so I coloured them with a silver Sharpie.


I love the background on the laptop, it’s gorgeous.



It’ll be easier for her to keep up with Doctor Who now, as there isn’t space in her house for a TV. Maybe she’ll find some new shows to watch…

Anyways, see ya!