Project Roundup

I’ve had the idea for Hogwarts house bunting bouncing around in my head since I finished the Three Broomsticks, and not long ago I did the maths to figure out just how many flags I’d have to make. It’s 100, 25 for each house. 12 down, 88 to go!

IMG_2469_1

I also started on the front of Flourish & Blotts, though I haven’t got extremely far.

IMG_2470_1

IMG_2471_1

The two holes in the facade are going to be shop windows, and I have some rather … interesting plans for the architecture of the front of this shop. What is it? Well, you may just have to find out…

Anyways, see ya!

FillieFanatic

Advertisements

Painting Space

I acquired these two canvases around Christmas time, for a painting I wanted to do for my room. In this painting, I wanted to have galaxies, stars, and several of my favourite spaceships. Both canvases are 20 x 24 inches, and I put them together to double the space I had for the painting.

IMG_2434_1

Here, I’m painting the galaxy clouds…

IMG_2437_1

…and the stars…

IMG_2439_1

…and the first spaceship!

IMG_2450_1

I’m really happy with the TARDIS, though if I could change one thing, I’d make it darker. The paleness of the paint was a mistake in mixing the colour, and I wasn’t bothered to fix it. It stands out against the black, anyways.

IMG_2452_1

IMG_2451_1

The second ship I’m tackling is the Rampion (from The Lunar Chronicles). This is heavily based on the version on the cover of the TLC colouring book, as I find that the blueprints  are a) hard to read, and b) they give no indication of the Rampion’s colour.

I’m really pleased with how well it’s coming along, though if anyone has advice for the rear end, it’s much appreciated! I want it to look like the end of a rocket, with four defined tubes for exhaust (?) to come out of, though I’m not sure how I’d do this from what I’ve got so far.

Anyways, see ya!

FillieFanatic

Project Roundup

I’m making good progress on the life-size Christmas wreath, all the individual elements are done, they just need to be sewn on.

IMG_2337_1

I also put fold-down awnings on all the Diagon Alley windows, to add a 3rd dimension to what was previously a flat facade.

IMG_2339_1

IMG_2340_1

(I also made the Three Broomsticks external windows yellow, as I wanted it to look like the light inside was golden, similar to bakeries in Europe.)

IMG_2341_1

They do fold flat, it’s just a little difficult as they are made of cardboard. They are all attached with paper glued to the front facade, the long ones with the paper folded underneath so it wouldn’t intrude on any signs.

What have you been up to?

Anyways, see ya!

FillieFanatic

Project Roundup

These felt flowers came in a Mollie Makes freebie, and they’re meant to go on a wreath. However, I want to make a mandala to go into the plastic ring provided instead, so suggestions for what I could do with them are much appreciated!

IMG_2173_1

The red one is a poppy, the pink one is a peony and the orange one is an anemone.

I’ve also been crocheting a floral wreath, and only have one more flower to make before I put it together. Which flower is your favourite? I love the little multi-coloured roses, I’ll have to make more at some point.

IMG_2174_1

I’m almost finished this perthro rune badge from the Magnus Chase series of books, it just needs to be stitched onto felt with a pin on the back.

IMG_2176_1

This is a lamppost for the Diagon Alley set, and I plan on making a second post before working out what the light on top will look like.

IMG_2175_1

IMG_2178_1

I’m also working on this counter for Flourish & Blotts Bookstore in Diagon Alley. It’s a little low at the moment, as you can see, so I’ll need to make it taller by putting a third shelf under the countertop.

Anyways, see ya!

FillieFanatic

Project Roundup

I’ve finished the embroidery for the Slytherin badge, woohoo!

Here’s the colours done…

IMG_2028_1

…backstitching in progress…

IMG_2034_1

…and it’s finished!

IMG_2038_1

The badges are currently drying in the sun, and after they’re dry, I’ll cut them all out and sew felt and a safety pin onto the backs of each.

IMG_2039_1

I also finished covering the interior of the stable. I ended up choosing to do half the walls in cream and half in wood, which looks very classy.

IMG_2040_1

IMG_2041_1

The floors of the stables are covered in paper that looks sort of like bedding, and the parquet floor is for a little multipurpose room, to store tack and some seating and feed, if I can.

Anyways, see ya!

FillieFanatic